Tuesday 8 September 2015

wk 36 Crafting Challenge at Digi Choosday - Shaped Card


Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------<
Happy Choosday everyone!

Make sure you tune in to Create and Craft TV today at 10.00 am to see our lovely Nikky with some fabulous inspiration, samples and ideas!
You can watch on Sky 674, Freeview 36, Freesat 813, Virgin 748
or online HERE


Of course because it’s Digi Choosday it is also 

Your discount code for this week is:
DC258S
Which will give you a massive 25% off digis today - shop here now


Now onto the new challenge...
Not a Square!
You can enter any project which uses a shape which is not a square! Your actual card can be square but we'd like to see you using some different mat and layer shapes where possible - with a little artistic licence of course! 
CLOSING DATE IS 22nd September 2015 
and the winners will be announced on 29th September 2015.
PRIZES: The random winner (chosen by Random.org) will receive £5 worth of downloads of your choice from the digi store!

The winner and top 3 for week 33 can be found at the bottom of this post.

So let’s see what the design team have made for us...


Anjie -  I have used a TL die to create the shape of the card. The papers, embellies and sentiment are all from the fab Home For Christmas collection. There are some truly stunning papers on this CD. The image, Ralph, is coloured with my Graph'It Markers and I have given him some texture with the Mix It Fluid and some velvet ribbon. More photos and details on my blog.

Julie -- I absolutely LOVE shaped cards, so this was such a fun challenge for me!  I used one of the great shaped cards found in the Polkadoodles store. This is Elegant Card 2 SVG Cutting File, cut out on my Silhouette.  The image is Seashore Shannon, colored with Copic markers.  I used papers from the Kath Walking the Dog Digital Download.  The sentiment is from the Twiggy and Toots Digital Download Collection

Tanya  My inspiration for this week’s challenge comes from the actual shape of the digi itself.  She is called Serenity Resting and is available on the Serenity collection HERE and separately as a black and white digi on her own. HERE.  I've coloured her with Graph It pens available HERE on Ultimate Graphic paper available HERE...

Scatty Jan For my shaped card i had lots of fun playing with the Work and Play 11. I have coloured the images using Pencils , and used the lovely cut files and emblies to decorate my stepper card. The images are also available as singles Male can be found  here and Female can be found here. love these images they really are fun...

Hi, my shaped card this week is made from a  Christmas Pudding cut file found on the Twiggy and Toots Festive fun collection. It's available on a CD or as a digital download. I embossed the icing and added some gems for the berries, finishing it off by using a sentiment from this collection. Have fun!

Monica.-My project for this funny challenge is a tree shaped card made with trees, papers, elements and digi from Twiggy & Toots regular collection.

Emma - For my shaped card all the elements I have used are from the Frosted Winter Collection, I have used the mug from the embellishments folder for the base of my card. I have coloured up Ice Queen & she can be found as an individual digi Here. All of the embellishments are from the full collection that can be Here....

Audrey I chose to do an Igloo for my shaped card.  I used the precolored Igloo from Octavia Frosted Winter Digital Download Collection.  I combined the 2 igloos using Gimp, flipping the 2nd one so they were back to back and joined them together so when I cut them out they would be attached in the center.  I then cut them out with scissors and added Stickles.  I chose papers, sentiment, heart and flowers also from Octavia Frosted Winter Digital Download Collection.  Papers,heart and flowers are cut with scissors, I added the sentiment to the paper using Word and cut with Sue Wilson die.  I chose my image Hot Chocolate from Octavia Frosted Winter Digital Download Collection as well, and you can also find her as a single image HERE.  She is colored with Copics, cut out with scissors and Stickles added.

Front of card

 Inside of card

Aunty Sue- For my Shaped Card I have gone with a Stepper Card. I have chosen this fab image from the CD Work & Play 10 Country Life available here she is called Foraging Mushrooms and you can buy her on her own here  The papers are from this Cd and also the Tree and Bow and Sentiments. I have colored her with my new Lyra Rembrandt Pencils. 
Dies i have used are Die-namics and Joy  with a few pearls as accents.

Wendy - I've chosen this week to use one of the pre-coloured images from Octavia Moonfly, just as a reminder you don't always need to hand colour if you don't have time! However, if you do have time to colour, the digi stanp of Octavia Rose Garden is also available on her own here. The backing paper on the mounted tiles are also from the same collection.

Great makes from the DT I’m sure you will agree....
To enter just add your entry using the linky tool below.

Now for the winner and top three from week 33 All about the men
The winner chosen at random by www.random.org is:
Please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW033001 to claim your prize of £5 worth of downloads from the digi store!
And in no particular order the top three chosen by the design team are:
12- Barb
17-Kerri
37-Cecilia

Grab your blinkies from the side bar!
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week - we can't wait to see what you have for us on this challenge! See you next time!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx